Immigration Law

We specialize in immigration legal solutions for families, individuals and businesses. You can rely on our immigration attorneys for visas, deportation defense, and asylum processes.


A visa is an official government document that permits a non-citizen to enter and remain in the United States and/or its territories. A visa differs from a passport in that it is not for “vacation use.” Visas are complicated and we are here to help.

  • Non-immigrant: Sometimes referred to as a visitor visa, the non-immigrant visa is for temporary travel that extends beyond the duration of a typical vacation or visit. It may be issued for business, tourism, or family visits.
  • Immigrant: An immigrant visa is issued for permanence and usually requires sponsorship from a current citizen. Employment purposes may require an immigrant visa.

In general, the basics include:

  • Online forms from government websites
  • Interviews based on your age; certain governments may require you to be interviewed with a representative before a visa can be issued
  • Duplicate copies of documents for your own records, since most cases require a stack of documentation to be completed
  • Fees

Family Immigration

Two groups of people are eligible for family visas:

1.) Immediate relatives can immigrate to the United States via petitions submitted by permanent legal residents or U.S. citizens. Immigration visas are available upon approval for immediate relatives in a relatively quick process.

  • IR-1: Spouse of a U.S. Citizen – Learn More
  • IR-2: Unmarried Child Under 21 Years of Age of a U.S. Citizen
  • IR-3: Orphan adopted abroad by a U.S. Citizen – Learn More
  • IR-4: Orphan to be adopted in the U.S. by a U.S. citizen – Learn More
  • IR-5: Parent of a U.S. Citizen who is at least 21 years old

2.) Relatives in family preference categories must often endure a long-term process; you are urged to expert guidance. We are experienced immigration attorneys with the knowledge, patience, endurance, and dedication to help assist you in the application process.

  • F1: Family First Preference — unmarried sons and daughters of U.S. citizens and their minor children
  • F2: Family Second Preference — spouses, minor children, unmarried sons and daughters (age 21 and over) of lawful permanent residents (LPRs). At least seventy-seven percent of all visas available for this category will go to the spouses and children; the remainder is allocated to unmarried sons and daughters.
  • F3: Family Third Preference — married sons and daughters of U.S. citizens and their spouses and minor children.
  • F4: Family Fourth Preference — brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens and their spouses and minor children, provided the U.S. citizens are at least 21 years of age.

Note: Grandparents, aunts, uncles, in-laws, and cousins cannot sponsor a relative for immigration. Our experienced immigration lawyers can assist you with the complexities of the visa application process.

Employment Visas, Work Visas, and Employment-based Services

Foreign employees and business professionals who want to live and work in the U.S. often need the assistance of immigration experts. Our lawyers have know-how to navigate the immigration process and determine which employment-based opportunities best fit the individual, businesses, and employer, and the qualifications required.

  • H1-B
  • I-140 immigration petition for alien workers
  • I-765 application for employment authorization
  • PERM labor certification
  • Special skills visas
  • Temporary worker visas
  • National interest waiver
  • Executive visas
  • Professional visas
  • Consular processing
  • Permanent residence
  • Corporate strategy
  • I-9 compliance and audits
  • Change of status
  • Adjustment of status
  • 2-year and 10-year green cards
  • Extension of status
  • Application for permanent residence
  • Removal of conditions on permanent residence
  • Employment-based immigration interviews

Academic Visas

You must have an academic visa, also called a student visa, to study in the United States. Your course of study and the type of school you plan to attend determine whether you need an F visa or an M visa. Our immigration attorneys can assist you in you applying for a student visa.

  • F Category Visa: A University or college, high School, private elementary school, seminary, conservatory, a language training program, or other types of academic institutions.
  • M Category Visa: A vocational or other recognized nonacademic institution requires an

Investor Visas

Our immigration attorneys help you explore investment opportunities.

  • E-2 Treaty Investor Visas
  • EB-5 Regional Center Investment
  • EB-5 Direct Investment
  • L-1B Intracompany Transferee Specialized Knowledge
  • L-1A Intracompnay Transferee Executive or Manager
  • L-1 Blanket Petitions

Other Visas

  • K-1 — fiance(e) visas
  • K-2 — permits children of a K-1 fiance visa holder to enter the United States until an immigrant visa is available to them
  • Marriage-based visas

Deportation Defense

Our immigration lawyers can assist in determining your deportation defense options regarding threat of removal, removal proceedings, and appeals.

Deportation can be a result of the following offenses:

  • Criminal investigations or conviction for felonies, misdemeanors, and infractions
  • Immigration violations, illegal presence, prior deportations, immigration fraud, or smuggling
  • Homeland security crimes, espionage, sabotage, treason and sedition-related crimes
  • Failure to maintain status
  • Student visa holders dropping below required credit hours
  • Denial of immigration benefit applications


Our immigration lawyers can assist in determining your Asylum eligibility. There are several steps to applying for asylum, each varying in complexity:

1.) Initial Filing
2.) Biometrics appointment
3.) Full asylum case
4.) Asylum interview

The legal test for asylum eligibility is found in the Immigration and Nationality Act — INA §101(a)(42). Applicants must generally apply for asylum within one year of arrival in the U.S. or obtain a waiver before submitting an asylum application.

Refugee by Way of Persecution:

Our immigration lawyers can assist in determining your refugee eligibility.

If you are outside your country of nationality or lack nationality, or are outside a country in which you last habitually resided and are unable or unwilling to return to that country, or are unable or unwilling to avail yourself of the protection of that country due to persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion, then you may qualify for asylum.

Temporary Protected Status (TPS):

Our immigration lawyers can assist in determining your TPS eligibility.

The United States provides temporary protected status (TPS) to certain persons who cannot return to their home country due to ongoing armed conflict, natural disaster, or any other type of humanitarian disaster that has been determined to warrant temporary protection under U.S. immigration laws. If you are currently in the United States and are a citizen of one of the countries listed below, you may be eligible for temporary protected status and work authorization.

As of August 2019, the following countries are currently designated for TPS:

El Salvador • Haiti • Honduras • Nepal • Nicaragua • Somalia • South Sudan • Sudan • Syria • Yemen

To apply for TPS, you must file during the open initial registration or re-registration period. If you’ve missed the deadline to apply for TPS, you may meet the requirements for late initial filing if your country’s TPS status is to be extended. In addition to being present in the U.S. during the TPS registration period, other continuous residence and physical presence requirements apply.

Check the your country’s TPS registration dates here.

Other Services

  • Citizenship and Naturalization
  • Passports
  • Green Cards
  • Humanitarian Parole
  • Consular Processing
  • I-601, I-601A and I-212 Waivers
  • Provisional Waivers

Consult with us to protect your rights. Our capable and passionate lawyers work on your behalf and focus like a laser on immigration, family and property law issues.